Second Announcement - 10th Symposium on Diseases in Asian Aquaculture (DAA10)
28 Feb, 2017
10th Symposium on Diseases in Asian Aquaculture (DAA10)
The ANVAYA Beach Resort, Bali, Indonesia
28 August - 1 September 2017
DAA10 – Back to Bali: Surfing Science in the Sun
We invite you to join us for the 10th Symposium on Diseases in Asian Aquaculture (DAA10), the popular triennial event of the Fish Health Section of the Asian Fisheries Society (FHS-AFS), to be held from 28 August to 1 September 2017 at The Anvaya Beach Resort, Kuta, Bali, Indonesia.
The FHS-AFS was founded in 1989 and held the first Diseases in Asian Aquaculture (DAA) in 1990 in Bali, Indonesia. Since then, DAA has been held in Thailand, the Philippines, Australia, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, India, and Vietnam. To celebrate the milestone of one of the biggest scientific events on research, diagnostics and services of aquatic animal health in Asian aquaculture, DAA10 is coming back to Bali. The symposium promises to combine intellectual stimulation and a sunny retreat at an exotic Bali paradise, surfing science in the sun. DAA10 is anticipating an attendance of 400 delegates from 30-40 countries over five days of the Symposium. With the chosen theme of "Enhancing Aquatic Animal Health Research and Services through Public-Private Sector Partnerships" we anticipate to cover topics from classic parasitic, bacterial and viral diseases to emerging trends and cutting-edge research in aquatic animal health. Ample time will be scheduled for networking, public-private sector round table discussions, field trips and social functions during the Symposium. Trade displays will be exhibited throughout the Symposium. Three satellite workshops: FAO's Inter-regional Workshop, NACA’s Meeting of the Asia Regional Advisory Group on Aquatic Animal Health, and a Bioinformatics Workshop are being organised back-to-back with DAA10.
Confirmed Keynote and Invited Speakers for Each Session:
- Keynote presentations
- Dr Samuel Thevasagayam, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, USA.
- Dr Rohana Subasinghe, FutureFish, Sri Lanka.
- Registration and Abstract Submission Open : 2 January 2017.
- Abstract Submission Deadline : 31 March 2017.
- Abstract Review process : 1 April – 31 May 2017.
- Notification of Abstract Acceptance : 31 May 2017.
- Early Registration Deadline : 31 May 2017.
- Registration Deadline : 31 July 2017.
FHS-AFS Regular Members
- Early Registration : 400 USD (2 January- 31May 2017).
- Late Registration : 450 USD (1 June - 31 July 2017).
FHS-AFS Student Members
- Early Registration : 250 USD (1 January - 31 May 2017).
- Late Registration : 300 USD (1 June - 31 July 2017).
- Early Registration : 450 USD (1 January - 31 May 2017).
- Late Registration : 500 USD (1 June- 31 July 2017).
- Early Registration : 300 USD (1 January - 31 May 2017).
- Late Registration : 350 USD (1 June- 31 July 2017).
- Early Registration : 150 USD (1 January - 31 May 2017).
- Late Registration : 200 USD (1 June - 31 July 2017).
The review papers presented by keynote and invited speakers will be published in the Journal of World Aquaculture Society. We're in the process of obtaining support from the Japanese Society of Fish Pathology to publish the research papers presented by the participants at DAA10 as a special issue of the journal of Fish Pathology (Japan). Acceptance is subject to meeting the peer review process of the journal.
The Indonesian Ministry of Marine Affairs and Fisheries (MMAF) will be our local host who will organise the event in close cooperation with the FHS-AFS.
Student Travel Awards
FHS-AFS awards up to 10 student travel awards to qualified post graduate students to present their work at DAA10. Application for the award and full research paper should be submitted before the deadline of 31th March 2017 to Dr. C.V. Mohan at V.Chadag@cgiar.org
Organisations and companies interested in sponsoring and supporting the DAA10, are welcome to contact the organisers for further details about sponsorship opportunities.
Dr Agus Sunarto (CSIRO), Vice-Chairperson of FHS-AFS. Email: Agus.Sunarto@csiro.au
Dr Eduardo Leano (NACA), Secretary/Treasurer of FHS-AFS: Email: email@example.com
Mr Maskur (DGA-MMAF), Chairman of National Organizing Committee. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Phan Thi Van (RIA1), Chairperson of FHS-AFS. Email: email@example.com
Dr Rohana Subasinghe (FutureFish), Chairman of International Scientific Committee. firstname.lastname@example.org